Options When Alcatraz Sold Out
Including Alcatraz Combination Tour Packages
WE ARE AN AUTHORIZED RESELLER OF ALCATRAZ CRUISES
(The sole ferry concessionaire with the National Park Service)
- Feel free to check availability on the alcatrazcruises.com website. It may be possible that tickets are available directly for less cost on the date you seek.
- Note that Alcatraz Cruises website states that they are "The official website and only source for tour tickets to Alcatraz Island." This means they are the only provider of ferry service to the island. You need an Alcatraz Cruises ticket. We are an authorized reseller of those tickets.
- If Alcatraz Cruises is sold out, we may still have tickets for the date you seek. During busy periods, we often sell out of our limited stock.
- When Amigos Tours resells Alcatraz Cruises tickets, by regulation Alcatraz tickets are always resold as part of a tour package, and therefore the combination price is higher.
- You can see that the tour package concept is verified on the alcatrazcruises.com website.
- Click here and scroll down to the 3rd header for details.
- We do not sell Alcatraz by itself.
- The tickets we sell take you onto Alcatraz Island and inside the prison, with the Cell House Audio Tour always included.
- Note that we never sell the Alcatraz Behind The Scenes Tour.
- Typically we have one departure choice per day on the standard day tour.
- When available, we sell the Alcatraz Night Tour with two package options.
- Note that Night Tour tickets are very limited and we may quickly sell out of our stock.
- All persons over Age 18 must provide a government issued Photo ID that matches the names you provide at Checkout.
TO MAKE A PURCHASE:
- First choose a combination package.
- Then pick an Alcatraz departure date (and time) from the drop-down tab.
- Enter ticket quantities.
- For Muir Woods, Wine Country, or the Sunset Cruise, enter separate dates for those tours (before or after Alcatraz).
- Bay Cruises and Big Bus Hop-On-Hop-Off can be done ANY DAY - BEFORE OR AFTER your Alcatraz trip. (Possibly including the same day as Alcatraz – but your bus tour will be limited by time.) These tours do not require a separate date selection.
- If Alcatraz tickets are available for the departure you want, after entering the quantity and dates a “Book Now” message will appear.
- If tickets are unavailable for a selected departure, an error message will appear. Try another departure or call us for a possible referral.
- Follow the prompts to the shopping cart and then the order page, where you will fill out the names of your guests.
- Once you make a purchase, you will see a 5-digit order number that confirms your receipt.
UPON PURCHASE, YOUR ALCATRAZ TICKETS ARE SECURED
- Your tickets get subtracted immediately from our limited, pre-paid inventory. Some large companies will make you wait 24-48 hours only to tell you that they don't have tickets. Our system is simpler. If we have Alcatraz tickets in stock, you can click "Book Now" and proceed to checkout. If not, you will see a message stating "sold out" or how many we have left.
- After your order is placed, your ticket quantity and the names in your group will be sent to Alcatraz Cruises.
- Your tickets will be waiting in your name at the Groups Window on the day of departure.
- Again, your tickets will have been set aside from our pre-paid allotment, and go only to you.
- We are limited as to how many Alcatraz tickets we can obtain in any month, so we may sell out of our small stock, especially for the Night Tour in general, and for both Day and Night Tours during peak periods.
- Alcatraz departures are set by date and time. The departure times we offer can’t be changed.
- If you purchased a tour package with a Hop-On-Hop-Off tour or a Bay Cruise, those tours are secured as well, since no reservations are needed.
- If you purchased a Tower Tours component (with or without Alcatraz) for Muir Woods or Wine Country you will get a final re-confirmation email direct from Tower within 24-48 hours — after we double-check reservations with Tower. This is usually within 2 hours. Once re-confirmed, your purchase is final. If you need the Tower component date to be changed, it can only be done upon approval by Tower Tours. You will need to contact us and we will do our best to serve you, but no change is guaranteed.
- Upon purchase for all products, you can save your Voucher. The system will also immediately email you a duplicate copy of the Voucher.
- This Voucher will include ALL instructions for taking tours.
- If you did not receive an email Voucher-Receipt within 2 hours after seeing your 5-digit order number, please request a duplicate at email@example.com. Please check your spam/junk mail box first.
ALL OTHER TOURS CAN BE DONE EITHER BEFORE OR AFTER ALCATRAZ
- You pick the days for each tour. For Muir Woods, Wine Country, and the Sunset Cruise, tour dates must be selected at time of purchase.
- Bay Cruises and Big Bus Hop-On-Hop-Off can be done the same day as Alcatraz.
- However, if you start the Hop-On-Hop-Off tour late in the day, your available hop-off time will be limited.
- If you purchased a Night Tour package and you start the Big Bus Hop-On-Hop-Off tour late in the day, you risk missing the Alcatraz departure. No refunds or exchanges.
- For Alcatraz: Bring your email Voucher to Pier 33, Alcatraz Landing.
- Either show a printed copy or show it on your mobile device.
- All persons over age 18 must show government issued photo identification.
- For Tower Tours (Muir Woods & Wine Country), courtesy shuttle pickups are available at select hotels.
- Tower Tours is located at 288 Beach Street, San Francisco. Guests staying at the Fisherman's Wharf area should anticipate walking to the Tower Tours office, unless special assistance is needed.
- Again, the 1 Day or 2-Day Hop-On-Hop-Off bus tours and the One-Hour Bay Cruise do not require reservations, but there are no hotel pickups for these tours.
- There are no hotel pickups for Alcatraz. You must make your own way to Pier 33.
- There are no hotel pickups for the Chinatown Walking Tour.
- This operates daily without reservation requirements.
- The Chinatown Walking Tour is run by Big Bus and all begin at stops on the Big Bus Hop-On-Hop-Off tour. More info here: sfamigostours.com/walk.
IF SOLD OUT, ALCATRAZ CRUISES DOES NOT SELL SAME DAY TICKETS.
Some people may have heard about people waiting on the dock at Alcatraz Landing at 4:30 am, trying to get last minute tickets. In 2019, Alcatraz Cruises discontinued the "Same Day Ticket Advisory" that resulted in this chilly scene. In prior years they held onto a small quantity of tickets, which they then sold when they opened in the morning, first-come, first served. Alcatraz Cruises does not do this anymore.
ALCATRAZ IS WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE.
Alcatraz Cruises boats have ramps, the Sustainable Easy Access Transportation (S.E.A.T.) tram has fold-down ramps for all types of wheelchairs, and inside the prison there is an elevator.
Because many roads/paths on Alcatraz are steep, the S.E.A.T. service is invaluable for visitors with mobility issues. This shuttle runs approximately twice each hour – from the dock up the hill to the Cellhouse and then back to the boat dock. Boarding is first come, first served. Visitors with mobility issues may have another person in their party ride along, space permitting. Parties can meet up at the Cellhouse or the dock.
Note that this service is not for children/strollers.
FOR ALL TOURS, EXPECT COOL WEATHER ANY TIME
- Wind-proof jackets are highly recommended for Alcatraz, Bay Cruises, and the open-air hop-on/hop-off Big Bus.
- Bring a warm and snug hat if possible!
- You may want to consider bringing a backpack for adding or removing clothing layers. San Francisco is famous for changing micro-climates.
- Temperatures can change due to fog, wind, open air vehicles, or other variables.
- There is no parking at Pier 33 Alcatraz landing, but there are several parking lots within 5 blocks.
- Plan to arrive at Pier 33 least 30 minutes before departure, but not more than 2 hours early.
- You will not be able to get your tickets more than 2 hours before departure.
- A Google search for "parking near Pier 33" may be helpful
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO SEE ALCATRAZ?
The Alcatraz Day Tour usually takes about 3 hours round trip.
- Night Tours are on a set return schedule and the total time is just about 3 hours.
- The Cellhouse Audio tour takes roughly 45 minutes.
- There are return departures every 30 minutes, so you decide how long to stay for Day Tours.
- You can do it faster or slower, however you will probably have to wait in line (up to 30 minutes or more) to get on a return boat.
No Refunds or Exchanges on Alcatraz Packages. No Refunds for Missed Tours. No Refunds for Tours Not Used. Cancellation options for non-Alcatraz tours are limited by time. See Terms and Conditions. You must agree to the Terms and Conditions in order to make a purchase.
For a reiteration of alcatraz ticket details, click here.
How can I get back to the original landing page with the Alcatraz sunrise picture?